THE 5 PILLARS OF STARZ FOUNDATION
TOGETHER, WE SHINE.
Our mission is to empower women, children & families to shine in everyday life by providing: advocacy, mentorship, education, resources and sustainable housing solutions from a network of caring partners.
By 2020, our goal is to impact 2000 women and children in Palm Beach & Broward Counties with advocacy, education, mentorship, resources & shelter.
WHO ARE THE PEOPLE THAT WE SERVE?
Who Doesn't Need a Second Chance?
"The scarcity of affordable and income appropriate housing options is the primary factor causing and perpetuating homelessness in Florida. Most people who become homeless in Florida are employed but have extremely low incomes and have difficulty maintaining stable rental housing. Multiple studies reflect the critical shortage of housing for households with low income."
-Homeless report 2017-Council on Homelessness
Two Types of Homelessness:
1. Sheltered Homeless People: they stay in emergency or traditional housing temporarily. They are still considered homeless because they lack stable permanent housing.
2. Unsheltered homeless people: they live on the streets, at beach, in cars, tents, or abandoned buildings.
TYPES OF PEOPLE WE SERVE AT OUR RESOURCE CENTER
Homeless community--basic job placement services. Advanced programs will be awarded to people who have successfully completed treatment plans and who need support to re-establish themselves into the business world to gain stability and self-sufficiency.
Women in abusive relationships with no other family and need support services and mentorship.
Single Mothers who are employed and raising children but living paycheck to paycheck and need resources/support to be successful.
People facing financial crisis or hardship and need our support services to shine.
Veterans who need support services, training.
Low- income families who need our resources
We serve the needs of the people in our community who are in crisis, facing financial hardship and or need support to find employment. We offer 5 pillars of outreach and will assign mentors, provide training, job readiness, skills,
resumes, profile photos, professional clothing and create job opportunities and ultimately offer affordable housing
solutions. Our vision is to create self sufficient citizens who are stable, productive and thriving members of society. Recipients of our programs and service are individuals who need a second chance. People who are facing a
financial crisis or at poverty level defined by government and will be tracked by sign in sheets and/or online forms. All pending recipients will fill out a grant application and be recommended by a community partner before receiving financial services.
Applications will be reviewed and approved by a vetting committee/board of directors.
Solving the homeless crisis in our community is a complex process and requires effort from a multitude of caring partners. There are immediate needs and long-term goals for individuals to reach self-sufficiency. We partner with other community agencies to ensure that we are not duplicating services, but working together.
WHO ARE OUR BOARD MEMBERS?
We are a team of dedicated volunteers committed to lead this non-profit organization and fulfill our mission of the five pillars.
S-sustainable & affordable housing
T-training & education
We pride ourselves as being “connectors ” in the South Florida market and
beyond. Our “local to global reach” via our online, digital world leverages social media platforms and technology, to advance our sphere of influence to “ignite others”. Our leaders will continue to make a difference in our local communities and throughout the globe. We will be hosting online “virtual events” that teach, train, inform, educate and encourage others.
WHO ARE OUR CARING PARTNERS?
We have established a strategic network of caring partners. Both innovative and collaborative, individuals; small business owners, corporations, media outlets, community leaders and faith-based organizations who share common values and resources with the intention to partner together- to impact & improve the lives of others who are experiencing hardship, financial crisis, and need support to shine in everyday life from our outreach programs. Our ultimate goal is to create a thriving community of self-sufficient change-makers for the next generation.
PROUD PARTNERS OF STARZ FOUNDATION:
WHAT ARE OUR TOP 5 GOALS?
1. Starz Collaborative: We offer business, non-profit and our local members a fun, co-sharing, business incubator space, where healing, learning, advocacy, and professional growth can be obtained through a network of caring partners.
Starz Foundation Collaborative is located at: 900 North Federal Highway in Boca Raton, FL 33432.
Starz Collaborative is a business resource center for our members and will be used to connect with our community leaders. Members will use our free Wifi, access computer space and resources to launch their business platforms. Our members will use the co-sharing space for mentorship, training, job readiness, as well as to establish start- up businesses and to generate income with the goal to be self-sufficient. Our lounge will have couches, desks, laptops, softwares, office supplies, phones, WiFi, power charging centers to ensure your success. Both volunteers and paid staff will oversee our resource center. We will offer educational programs, job training, professional branding and mentorship programs. We will be open to the public five days a week 10-7pm.
Starz Virtual Business Membership: $99/Month includes:
Class A Building-Prestigious East Boca business address
Day spaces for public/ private use
Mail service & packages
Professional services at a discount such as: professional headshots, resumes, graphic design, and website creation.
Coffee & refreshments
VIP Invitations to local networking events
Reduced rates for Starz collaborative events
Networking opportunity with Mrs. FL WOA 2018
2. Establish Sponsorships & Grants with Caring Partners:
PHASE 1, Starz Foundation collaborates with caring partners to further our mission by sponsoring and underwriting our programs. We plan to use our volunteers, donations and funds to partner and support existing, successful outreach programs and fill in needed gaps with resources while fully developing our independent programs within the pillars of Starz Foundation.
PHASE 2, Long-term goals will include independent programs as well as Starz Foundation will be funding eco-friendly sustainable homes to help elevate the houseless and homeless crisis that exists here in South Florida and throughout our nation. The national platform of WOA represented by our founding board member, Lisa Sussman, will highlight this solution based advocacy for those most in need in our community who have been vetted within our foundation. Starz Foundation is directly supported by our established sponsors, grants, and caring partners.
3. Fundraising Events: Starz Foundation will be hosting inspirational & informational special events in 2018-2020 that will generate awareness of community issues such as: the local homeless or “houseless” crisis and scarcity of affordable homes to single mothers, veterans and low income families. Our events will serve as a platform to share our innovative, low cost housing solutions– sustainable container homes as a real solution. Advocacy videos will be shown at events to highlight award recipients and individuals who have been transformed by our services. Awards will be presented which honor community leaders who have exemplified our criteria of excellence in each category. Event proceeds will pay for event and operating expenses, marketing costs and outreach programs.
4. Virtual Starz Vintage ReSell Shop: Donate your Vintage handbags, shoes, jewelry and clothes to Starz Foundation. We will be using your treasures for our silent auction items at all of our Starz Foundation events as well as an e-commerce income generator. We are a 501(c)(3) and all of your donations will be tax deductible. The proceeds will benefit professional programs to ensure that our Starz recipients become self-sufficient. Please contact us for pickup 561.510.6300 or email@example.com.
5. Offer Sustainable Eco-Friendly Housing Solutions. By 2020, our goal is to provide innovative, sustainable and affordable housing options to our community. We will be applying for grants for land with proper zoning to place workforce housing and container homes to create communities for people to shine.
Overall, we desire to build a strong platform for Starz recipients and members to shine.
We are a community of servant leaders who care for all of its residents in every socio-economic status.
We offer a HAND UP, not a Hand Out!